1.The milk has been heated enough when it starts spilling out of the container and onto the stove.
2. Do not insert hand into bucket of water while water is being heated by an electric rod (or raad as it is called here). Water is a good conductor and bad insulator. Or something like that.
3. Do not try chasing a mouse. You will not win. Think of Kishore Kumar in Chalti ka naam gaadi where he tries chasing that hen and Madhubala is just laughing her head off.
4. Mallu restaurants here will always have some potthu fry. Never on the menu though. Or if it is, it will be written in mallu.
5. Watch Six Feet Under. Superb series with so much dark humour that it will having you snorfing juice out of your nostrils.
6. The trick to making people uncomfortable in the Metro is to look at them at a point just near their chin. Stare.